Updated: Jul 24, 2020
You foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by believing what you heard? Are you so foolish? After beginning by means of the Spirit, are you now trying to finish by means of the flesh? Have you experienced so much in vain—if it really was in vain? So again I ask, does God give you his Spirit and work miracles among you by the works of the law, or by your believing what you heard? So also Abraham “believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.”
Understand, then, that those who have faith are children of Abraham. Scripture foresaw that God would justify the Gentiles by faith, and announced the gospel in advance to Abraham: “All nations will be blessed through you.” So those who rely on faith are blessed along with Abraham, the man of faith. For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.” Clearly no one who relies on the law is justified before God, because “the righteous will live by faith.” ~ Galatians 3:1-11
The apostle Paul understood no only who Jesus Christ was but what he had done over 2000 Years ago. He began to develop the doctrine of Crucifixion of the law of Jesus.
· If the law could save a man what was the point of the Cross? What was the point of Jesus leaving his throne, leaving the presence, leaving his place of Glory and living as a man, living amongst such filth and sin?
· In him was fulfilled the righteousness of the law.
Then Joshua, together with all Israel, took Achan son of Zerah, the silver, the robe, the gold bar, his sons and daughters, his cattle, donkeys and sheep, his tent and all that he had, to the Valley of Achor. Joshua said, “Why have you brought this trouble on us? The Lord will bring trouble on you today.” Then all Israel stoned him, and after they had stoned the rest, they burned them. Over Achan they heaped up a large pile of rocks, which remains to this day. Then the Lord turned from his fierce anger. Therefore that place has been called the Valley of Achor ever since.
· When Achan sinned under the law both him and his family was stoned to death.
-Everyone has sinned and fallen short just like Achan but thanks be to God for the cross. Because of the cross there is forgiveness, there is GRACE, wholeness… there is a second chance. Jesus Died for Achan too, He died 2000 years later but he died for him too. That is how powerful the cross is. Jesus died for past, present and future sin.
While the Israelites were in the wilderness, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the Lord said to Moses, “The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp.” So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the Lord commanded Moses.
· Through the strictness of God he showed them that the law can only convict but only through grace can bring freedom.
· Jesus Had never sinned he never picked up a single stick but he died on the tree to set you free. He took your punishment so that you didn’t have to. – This my friends is love.
As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance.
The measuring line will stretch from there straight to the hill of Gareb and then turn to Goah. The whole valley where dead bodies and ashes are thrown, and all the terraces out to the Kidron Valley on the east as far as the corner of the Horse Gate, will be holy to the Lord. The city will never again be uprooted or demolished.”
Gareb = Scab. This is where the lepers lived – Lepers Hill.
2 Samuel 3:29
May his blood fall on the head of Joab and on his whole family! May Joab’s family never be without someone who has a running sore or leprosy or who leans on a crutch or who falls by the sword or who lacks food.”
· When The curse of God is upon you it means God has taken his Mercy away. The only way any curse can be broken is through blood shed.
· Jesus was cursed upon the cross.
· He who knew no sin became sin. We know that sin separates us from God and for a moment Jesus was separated from the father.
· When Jesus died he took upon the unclean, the unlovely and the unaccepted. He literally became sin.
· Because of what he did for us upon the cross, because there was a blood shad there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. – The Curse has been lifted.
· God is able to take your sin and curse and exchange it for Grace, freedom and Hope.
he Lord descended to the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain. So Moses went up
· The Old Testament God and the New Testament God are the same God, He just deals with you differently.
· Because the son showed up and because of what he did for us on the cross he deals with us differently. Because there is no longer the curse there is mercy!
· God Guided them through the wilderness, Parted the red sea so they could witness his miracles and experience the power of God and his greatness. He was taking them further, Higher and deeper….. He was drawing them closer to himself.
· A Miracle won’t sustain you, yes the Israelites witnessed many Miracles but that didn’t sustain them. “Stuff” won’t satisfy the human soul. The only thing that can satisfy the human soul is JESUS. He is all you need to get you through this life.
The Old Testament
· In Exodus 24 God appeared on Mount Sinai. He came in the smoke and there was fire from the mountain and God said to Moses that if they came up to the mountain that he would kill them.
· You can’t gaze into holiness; you don’t have eyes fit for holiness. The only way you can gaze is through your spirit.
Your Spirit connecting with His Spirit and then because his spirit has connected with yours you can’t help but live a life that is holy and pleasing to the lord.
· The reason why God said to Moses in Exodus 33:22 “When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by” was because there is no way that a human soul can look into the presence of God because it will burn you alive, simply because flesh can’t handle such beauty and intensity.
You have not come to a mountain that can be touched and that is burning with fire; to darkness, gloom and storm; to a trumpet blast or to such a voice speaking words that those who heard it begged that no further word be spoken to them, because they could not bear what was commanded: “If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death.” The sight was so terrifying that Moses said, “I am trembling with fear.” But you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem. You have come to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, and to the sprinkled blood that speaks a better word than the blood of Abel.
· Get your eyes off Dying, decaying and corrupted earth and set your eyes on heaven. Set your affection above and not on earth.
· Hebrews starts out by saying that the angles had to make a choice about the birth of Jesus, if they would accept him as the maker of heaven and earth or would the reject him. – Angles are not perfect. Rev 12 talks about how Satan deceived a third of the angles and lead them astray. God gave Satan honour, taught him wisdom and allowed him to lead all of heaven into worship but he couldn’t handle it, it got to his head.
· God has given us much but we want to walk around in the law. God has got so much more for us, if you let him lift you up out of your flesh and pull you above the things of the earth. If only you would draw near to God, he WILL draw near to you. - He has unlocked your chains stop trying to put them back on.
· Paul said that we have not come to Mount Sinai the mountain of Law but to Mount Zion the mount of Grace. – We can come near! You can now spend more time with him instead of the world.
· The more you draw near to God the more your spirit wins over the flesh, the more you draw near to him the more those 5 fleshly senses have no power, he begins to lift you up to a sense that is higher. You begin to understand the something that is greater and higher than you, he wants you! – In the book of Hebrews it says “There is a new and living way” and it is only found in coming to the cross.
· When we leave this earth we will be in Christ. Satan can’t kill you because of where your life is. Your flesh is kept alive through the spirit of God.
Only Jesus Can bring Salvation, It’s only through him can you experience true freedom and forgiveness. It’s not by works but by faith that we are saved. If you know that you are living under the law than come to him tonight, come to the cross of Jesus. Come and give him your life in exchange for his grace.